Saturday, June 29, 2013

Thoughts on toilets, electricity, and other generally comforting things

Due to my personality and my anxiety over a new situation, I have been complaining about certain obstacles I may face once in Guinea. However, as more and more people have asked me about the horrors I could face, I've realized that I'm not going to Africa to be comfortable. If I went to Africa and everything was the same as it is in the States, there would be no reason for me to visit it. I'm looking forward to the adventure  of a lifetime- even if it comes in the form of my digging my own pit latrine. While I know the road ahead will be hard, I am really looking forward to how this will open my world and help me to grow. That being said, please bear with me and my complaints : ). I'm scared, ecstatic, and, totally not packed, but I'll be leaving less than 72 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment