Wednesday, January 29, 2014

#standard


Fellow volunteer Kelly and I are always complaining about things here, and after most of what we say, we inset the word “standard”. In that same spirit, I've noted some of the things I consider standard that definitely aren't, and I'm asking you, the reader, to determine the top 5. In two weeks, I'll reveal the results, and explain in detail, each of those ridiculous occurrences.
  • The critters that have taken over my house
  • having a package take 3+ months to reach me
  • daily marriage proposals
  • the amount of time traveling short distances goes
  • having paparazzi
  • me screaming at people (daily)
  • the beating of women and children
  • food” = rice, fish, spicy peppers, and harmful microbes
  • cramming 8+ people into a 5 person car
  • having at least 75% students fail exams
  • explaining the US is in North America
  • having to give my food to complete strangers
  • how d'body, how d'business
  • no electricity, no running water
While some of those things are pretty serious, this is supposed to be entertaining. Let me know your top 5 and feel free to submit anything ridiculous that I forgot to mention!

4 comments:

  1. Daily marriage proposals
    Explaining the US is in North America
    how d'body, how d'business
    having a package take 3+ months to reach me
    me screaming at people (daily) - because I can't imagine you screaming at anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least 75% students fail exams
    daily marriage proposals
    8+ people into a 5 person car (and having to pay for that)
    beating of women and children
    screaming at people

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) daily marriage proposals
    2) you screaming at people daily
    3) cramming 8+ people into a car
    4) explaining US is in North America
    5) how d'body, how d'business (I REALLY want to know this one, because I don't understand what it means)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to limit it to a top five. But here goes:

    1) the amount of time traveling short distances goes
    2) cramming 8+ people into a 5 person car
    3) daily marriage proposals
    4) no electricity, no running water
    5) the critters taking over your house

    ReplyDelete