Wednesday, February 5, 2014

PEACE CORPS GUINEA CHRISTMAS CAROLS


PEACE CORPS GUINEA CHRISTMAS CAROLS



I know this is coming a bit late...but there is still snow on the ground in the US. Enjoy!



THE CHRISTMAS SONG

Lesson planning by an open fire
Sweat drips slowly down your nose
Late night dance club plays it's music all night,
And folks getting bit by mosquitoes

Everybody knows a pizza and some nutella
Would be better than more rice
More petites than you could ever know
Will be salue-ing you tonight
They know that's foté's on his way
Just ask him once and he'll take you off to the states

But every villager is going to cry
When he sees I have no money for him or I
And so, I'm offering this simple phrase
To kids from Haute
To the Basse Cote,
Although it's been hot for the last 90 days,
Merry Christmas to you!

-Dante Bugli



GUINEAN JINGLE BELLS

Driving through the dust
In a neuf place bush taxi
O'er the bumps we go
Vomiting all the way.
Goats and babies scream,
Making my ears blood,
How cruel it is when neene
Elbows me in the guts tonight

CHORUS
Oh bush taxi, bush taxi
Breaking all the way.
Oh what fun it is to ride
In a yellow death trap today!
Bush taxi, bush taxi,
Sweating all the way.
Oh what fun it is to sit
In a traffic jam today!

A day or two ago,
I thought I'd take a ride
And soon this big tanti
Was seated by my side.
Her flappy boobs were out,
The driver was a grouch,
and a herd of cows fell asleep directly in our route

CHORUS

- Brian Brady and Courtney Clark



THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS IN GUINEA

On the 12th day of Christmas, Guinea gave to me;
12 hours in a taxi
11 babies crying
10 tan lines
9 petits dancing
8 delicious mangoes
7 flat tires
6 mothers milking
5 vomit bags
4 broken windows
3 French men
2 crawling bugs
and a gendarme harassing me!

- Dante Bugli

2 comments: