Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sometimes I have days where I want to pack up  my bags and return to the land of wealth and luxury. Every PC volunteer has those days. However, whenever the going gets tough, there are always moments that remind me why I'm here, and why I can't leave.

I was walking home from school when one of my best and brightest students started complaining about the absence of their teachers, and the fact that the teachers aren't helping them get ready for the high school entrance exam. Last year, the teachers held tutoring sessions months before the exam, but so far, I'm the only one who has offered tutoring sessions. My student told me, "Madame, you are the only one fighting for us, and we really thank you for that." Talk about a reason to stay! All it took was that one sentence and I was reminded of my reason for coming here and why I can't leave yet!

Sorry for the late post and the fact that it's so short! I'm in the capital, Conakry, and just dropped my family off at the airport! Hopefully I'll be able to blog about their visit next week



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear all about their visit! =) I'm really enjoying hearing about your time in Guinea.

    ReplyDelete