Friday, November 15, 2013

Kadiatou's Choses à faire


 Kadiatou's Choses à faire...or Christine's To Do List.

Aside from other volunteers, I'm willing to bet that I'm one of the only people in this country who has heard of a to-do list, much less actually has one. My list usually consists of the following, as well as random 1-time tasks
  • sweep house
  • tuck in mosquito net
  • do dishes
  • haul water
  • treat water
  • drink AT LEAST 1.5 liters of water
  • do laundry
  • charge phone
  • charge computer
  • charge solar charger
  • work on projects to make my house super cool
  • practice Susu
  • teach
  • grade tests/homeworks
  • lesson plan for school
  • read
  • hammock
  • go to the market to buy food
  • cook food
  • write/post blog
  • write letters
  • write in journal
  • take a walk
  • take out the trash
  • take malaria meds
  • take vitamins
  • dump bouille, wash crock pot, return to owner
  • complain to Kelly Barb about Guinea
  • saluer Fatime (adorable child who no longer crys when she sees me)
  • apply sunscreen
  • avoid eating with Guineans
  • avoid creepers

Wow. This makes it look like I actually have a busy life. You'd be amazed at how much time I spend doing nothing!

1 comment:

  1. Christine, your list will probably get even longer as you start to adjust to life in Guinea. Have you considered making a garden part of your routine to have a fresh supply of good vegetables? you might find the blog of Katie Davis in Uganda interesting: http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

    Let me know your reactions to it.

    ReplyDelete